Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Catching Up

As you may have noticed, it's been a while since I've posted.

I blame the whirlwind that has been my life lately...well, and the beautiful South Dakota summer-like days have been drawing me to spend as much time outside as I can before it get cold.

Since I last posted, I've become an aunt (again) to this cutie below.

Her name is Lanie and she's too cute! It is my one sister's first. She was so thoughtful and asked me to be in the room with her during the delivery. I know, some of you may be thinking of how weird/crazy that is, but it was good. I feel like it was good for me and for her. I cheered her on as she grew tired and exhausted. For me, it felt like something I could check off my list as I go through the infertility journey. I felt like because I've watched it and been a part of a real life birth, I could check it off my list of things to do for closure for infertility. I feel like it gave me one more check mark off of the list of things I need to do to be "done" with the baby thing. When I say "done" I really mean come to terms with knowing I might never do this.

I also found out the hard way that I'm allergic to bees. My arm literally swelled 5 times its normal size! It looked like elephantiasis. When I went into the doctor a day and a half later, he laughed at the size and told me I should've went to the ER. Opps! He seemed pleased with my response that I didn't want an ER bill. He also advised me to try not to get stung in the face or neck, lol. Needless to say, I'm now an owner of epi pens. Hoping I won't have to use them.


Until the next time,
Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment