Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Upcycle, Upgrade

Upcylce = Upgrade 

I'm so mad at myself for not taking a before picture, but I just wanted to share this photo of a garage sale bargain ($5!) that I upgraded. It was plain wood before with some, let's say VERY outdated flowers.

I used some gray paint I had from painting my walls and some $.97 Walmart white craft paint and a Hobby Lobby Wall stencil I had hanging around collecting dust.

I honestly painted this thing as quick as possible in my garage (hence the junk on the floor) and let it sit in the sun/wind and dry. It's not the best drying technique, but I was 100% going for imperfection on this one. 

Then, I used a stencil brush and stenciled the pattern in under 5 minutes (4minutes of adjusting the stencil, 1minute stenciling).


Just remember that cosmetic details can be quickly fixed! 

Thanks!
Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment