Monday, November 4, 2013

A Month to be Thankful

November is the perfect month to remember the things we're thankful for in the world.
It's a time to really count our blessings.

 The whole infertility journey has been a tough one for me.
I'm thankful that I am no longer in the dark place infertility can take you.
If you've experienced infertility, you know what I'm talking about. If you're still in that dark place, it's ok. I was there for a long time and still have my slip ups of tears, sadness, or anger.
Silverlining: I'm thankful that I want something so bad that I will fight and fight for it and not give up.

I'm thankful for my support system.
My husband has watched me turn into a crazy person on clomid, a sad sad person, and back to normal without hesitation. My mom has filled in at appointments that my husband couldn't make and been there when I just need to go and buy some happy. The friends who listen and kindheartedly care enough to be sensitive and just there whether I need a shoulder to cry on or a night away from it all have saved me from myself.

I'm also thankful for limits. Thankful that I can set limits and be ok to move on when I've reached that point.

I'm so lucky to have a team of doctors, CNPs, and RNs that walk me through it all.
One phone call and results left me feeling like we had reached the end of the road until my doctor wanted a follow up.
She had a plan. An actual plan of what we could do to try to reverse our bad results.
It was instant relief. It was instant hope.

I'm thankful I have options.
While the medications make me feel terrible and aren't ideal, I'm thankful I have to option to take them. I have myself my first trigger shot on Saturday and felt a combination of empowered and scared.

While this has been a journey with many cliffs and valleys, I'm thankful that I've gotten through it this far. I'm a fighter and I will not let infertility get the best of me. It may get the best of some days, but it won't get the best of my life.

Side note: this print is available as a digital download for $3 on my etsy shop.

No comments:

Post a Comment