Thursday, November 7, 2013

One of the faces of Infertility

I'm Katie.
I'm 27.
I'm pretty average.

I am one of the many faces of infertility.

I made all the right decisions in life and it still happened to me.
No, it's not cancer.
It's not a medical condition that will kill you physically.
It will kill you emotionally.

It will challenge you every single day.
It will make you tear up at diaper commercials,
It will make happy momentous events like friends having babies wrench your heart.

It will make you do things you never expected.
It will make you take medications that make you feel crazy.
It will make you give yourself shots, as the doctor ordered.
It will make you spend tens of thousands of dollars on treatment that insurance won't cover.
It will push you beyond your limits until you feel like you're going to break.

Then,
in what seems like your darkest of hours,
it will make you strong enough to go on.

It will show you strength to go on with life.
It will show you a new life that you never dreamed of living.

Infertility will change your life.
Embrace it.

No comments:

Post a Comment