Friday, January 24, 2014

Hope


Where do you find hope?

Life is filled with so many ups and downs that somewhere in the middle of the crazy ride we find something to keep us going--we find hope.
We find comfort in hope

Hope is that little feeling that picks us up when we're down. The hope of a simple possibility empowers us to keep moving.

Infertility has given me a new perspective of hope.
That little feeling of hope is what makes it all worth it.
We find hope in having competent and specialized doctors and nurses.
We find hope in that there may be a miracle and that maybe it will happen.

Hope is a funny. We must believe in hope, but not count on it.
For two and a half years I've held on to the hope of having a child.
A full year, I fully trusted and invested in hope. I put all my eggs in one basket with hope.
Doing so left me farther down than I ever could imagine. I made hope my expectations, instead of a  feeling that things turn out for the best.
The second year of infertility, I believed in hope but didn't expect or rely on hope.
I find comfort in believing, but didn't get too caught up with expecting things would turn out how I wanted them to with our infertility journey.
Great thinks happen when you hope something will happen, but don't expect them to because of hope. It's a fine line, I know, but it's a line that must me set.
Infertility is a continuous cycle of ups and downs, but we continue with the hope that the best will happen. 
I continue to believe in hope, but am detached from being fully invested when it comes to hope and infertility.
I have to be.



No comments:

Post a Comment