Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Put on lipgloss and pretend you're psyched

No matter where you are in your journey of life, fertile or infertile, sometimes you have to put on lipgloss and pretend to be psyched. We all have those moments or events that trigger us. The moments that would normally trigger an eye roll need to be replaced with lipgloss and a sense of being psyched.

The days when my facebook feed is overrun with pregnancy announcements and people having their 6th kid trigger me. Unsolicited pregnancy advice is on that same chart too. Instead of going home and throwing myself a Ben and Jerry's pitty party, I'm going to take the lipgloss approach like Mindy Kaling. My lipgloss is going to be extra poppin' and I'm going to forget my own battle and focus on their happiness and excitement.

No matter how the words feel or how much of a fraud I feel like, I'm going to simply thank people for advice and congratulate them on kid number 12 with every word rolling off my sweet shimmery lipgloss.

Life is short. Apply lipgloss and glitter accordingly.

1 comment:

  1. I love this advice. Mindy is the smartest. I'm going to follow your lead and shimmer on.

    ReplyDelete