Friday, December 6, 2013

Frigid High 5 for Friday


My week in a nut shell sums up this weeks high five for Friday.
  1. My mom's sugar cookies. The recipe is so worn, but I swear they get better by the batch. It just doesn't seem like Christmas season without them.
  2. Bruno. Jay rescued Bruno when he was a pup and I'm so glad he did. There's nothing better than seeing your dog look for you when you pull up. I read somewhere a little boy defined loves as, "...when you dog licks your face and wants to play after you left him home alone all day." I couldn't agree more.
  3. Burlap. I've been making burlap banners as a hobby and to take my mind off of our infertility journey. While I have sold relatively few, the sense of fulfillment I get when someone buys one it unreal. I've always wanted to quit the 9-5 office world and start my own thing. I know the hours would be more, but it would really justify my purpose in the work world. I think it would help fill a sense of purpose in the void infertility has left in my heart. I do wish I had more support to do this; my husband believes in me though and that means the world.
  4. Not loving the cold weather here. However, seeing the forecast say "Frigid" did put a smile on my face. 
  5. Jay. He's my rock. Having the big IVF conversation is never easy, but he did it. He's always listened to what I say and then listens beyond what I say to hear what my heart says.

No comments:

Post a Comment