Monday, November 24, 2014

Seeing Yourself Beyond Titles

Recently, I've been included in some groups and at events with what I call the "Moms club." It's groups of women who seemingly all had children except for me. While I greatly appreciate all of the women and the groups and events, I can't help but feel out of place for missing the mom title.

Yet, if we think about it what does a mom really mean? To me, a mom is a caring and kind nurturer, taking care of someone who needs her. Having kids is just a perk to it. I think that many of us in the infertility community who strive for that title need to look closely at our own definition to a mom.

If yours is similar to mine, then chances are you act like a "mom" to some one or something. I know I'm a proud puppy mom and some days it feels like I'm the mom to my husband.

It's how we see ourselves that matter most. I got so caught up in the title that I forgot the "mom" qualities that I proudly carry. Don't let a title define you--be bold enough to see yourself as you really are and beyond the title.

No comments:

Post a Comment